What options do I have when it comes to selecting a commercial security company? How do I determine what type of security system best meets your needs? And how much security do I really need?
To answer these questions, first ask yourself these questions:
- Do I rent or own my property?
- If you have a landlord or property rental company that you deal with, check with them first before you purchase your own security system.
- Can I take the security system with me if I move my business?
- Depending on how long you plan to stay in one location, you might want to consider purchasing equipment that you can take with you. Also check into non-proprietary equipment that you can take with you. Also check into non-proprietary equipment and who is allowed to fix it if repairs are needed.
- Do I need a professional installer or can I do it myself?
- The simple answer is you get what you pay for. However, consult a professional security company to figure out exactly what type of security system would best suit your needs.
- How can I access my security system?
- There are a number of ways you can monitor and arm your security system, including remote devices, including from a computer or even a mobile phone.
- Should I go with a national or local company?
- When it comes to selecting a security company, there are several thing you should take into consideration, including: your budget, how long a company has been in business and the quality of product and services they offer. Integrity is another important quality you should look for. Ask for references and verify whether other customers, past or present, have been satisfied with their work. And finally, a company should be knowledgeable about the security industry and the latest in technology as well as help you determine what you do or don’t need.